Welcome to Hondo ISD! We know that you expect the best for your child and so do we---that's why our motto is "Every Student, Every Classroom, Every Day."
Proudly, Hondo ISD stands as one of the few districts in the state that met "Adequate Yearly Progress" (AYP) as defined by the federal government. We celebrate this accomplishment as we continue to work toward even higher levels of achievement.
As we prepare for the future, we are focused on our mission to produce life-long learners who are prepared for college, career and life. Our plans affirm our beliefs, proclaim our vision and clarify our mission, and our work reflects our commitment to our goals. As a district, we strive to:
- provide a relevant and engaging curriculum to decrease achievement gaps and ensure that each student reaches his/her potential;
- encourage active involvement of parents and community members to support students, staff, programs and policies;
- establish a safe, secure and supportive learning environment;
- support professional growth and development that prepares our employees to meet the educational needs of our student population;
- utilize district resources effectively and efficiently to the maximum benefit of our students.
We are passionate about ensuring quality education for all children. As you raise your children in this community, Hondo ISD will continue to raise the bar in our pursuit of academic excellence.
Superintendent of Schools
Hondo Independent School District