Parents of Gifted and Talented students can complete an online survey from April 28th to May 9th. If you do not have access to a computer to take this survey, please contact your child's campus office for a paper copy. Click here for Parent survey.
Welcome to our Special Programs Department web link. The Hondo ISD Special Programs office manages several federal grants and state programs in collaboration with district and campus administrators and staff. Our department works with campus and central office administrators to coordinate and support the various programs offered in our district. We strive to strengthen each child's academic achievement by maximizing their educational access and opportunities. One way we do this is by applying funds toward supplemental services.
1. Hondo children come first.
2. Constant review and evaluation of current practices is essential for continued success.
3. The success of each student is the responsibility of students, their families, the district, and the community.
4. Environment is a key component to the educational process.
5. Each student will be prepared for successful real world experience.
6. Each staff member is valued and supported.
7. Hondo ISD has a rich tradition of excellence.
Our vision at Hondo ISD is to develop life-long learners who are productive members of society.
In our relentless pursuit of academic excellence, our mission at Hondo ISD is to make learning the priority for all and serve the educational needs of every student, in every classroom, every day.
Every Student • Every Classroom • Every Day
I hope the information contained within this web link will help you get a better understanding of the programs both federally-funded and state-funded that are offered in our school district. Please contact us at (830) 426-3311, or email me at the designated address below if you have any questions regarding our program offerings.
Stephanie Laughinghouse - Director of Special Programs