Hondo ISD is a 3A school district serving 2100 students in Medina and Frio counties. The district has 5 campuses: Hondo High School (grades 9-12), McDowell Middle School (grades 6-8), Woolls Intermediate School (grades 3-5), Meyer Elementary School (grades PK-2) and the Alternative Education Campus.
The District central administration office is located at 2604 Ave. E, Hondo, TX 78861.
Our vision at Hondo ISD is to develop life-long learners who are productive members of society.
In our relentless pursuit of academic excellence, our mission at Hondo ISD is to make learning the priority for all and serve the educational needs of every student, in every classroom, every day.
1. Curriculum and Instruction - Hondo ISD will provide a relevant and engaging curriculum to decrease achievement gaps and ensure that each student reaches his/her potential.
2. Student, Parent and Community Relations - Hondo ISD will establish an environment where students, staff, programs, and policies are supported by encouraging active involvement of parents and community members.
3. Learning Environment - Hondo ISD will provide a safe, secure and supportive learning environment.
4. Professional Growth and Development - Hondo ISD will support professional growth and development that prepares our employees to meet the educational needs of our student population.
5. Financial - Hondo ISD will use all district resources effectively and efficiently to the maximum benefit of its students.
2011 State Accountability Ratings
Hondo ISD -- Academically Acceptable
Hondo High School -- Academically Acceptable
McDowell Middle School -- Academically Unacceptable
Woolls Intermediate School -- Academically Acceptable
Meyer Elementary School -- Academically Acceptable
Explanation of the State Accountability Ratings can be found here.